Isa's unique blend of experience as a first generation community college student, transfer student, and Jack Kent Cooke scholar, employment in a tutoring company, community college admissions, and community college student life, and role as a national speaker and author for college students across the country make her a highly sought after consultant to help both corporations and colleges improve their student-reach through innovative, personalized branding that focuses on student success.
Isa has her Bachelor's in Communications from Stetson University and her M.Ed in Human Resources Development witha focus on Training & Development from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
As a national spokesperson for community college students, Isa understands students' motives and what resources students really need to be successful, and can help your organization leverage that knowledge to create or enhance innovative programs that further the organization's mission.
Isa's philsophy is that "no matter how technological our world gets, opportunity will always happen through people." Isa believes it is the innovative and strategic personal touch that makes all the difference. Using a mix of technology, communications theory, human resources development theory, student development theory, and personal experience, Isa creates solutions for company's and colleges that improve the overall experience and goals for everyone involved.
Review the menu below, and contact Isa to help you bring that personal touch to your student programs in a way that increases recruitment, funding, positive public relations, corporate social responsibility, brand recognition, and, ultimately, increases the access and opportunity for historically underrepresented students in higher education.
See past projects on Isa's LinkedIn Profile.
MENU of services
Areas of Expertise for Corporations
- Develop training training programs for corporate internship programs to enhance interns' communication and professional skills.
- Develop corporate social responsibility initiatives to help corporation allocate funding towards programs that enhance students success and corporate branding through association.
- Recruit and manage student focus groups to provide feedback on educational products and programs.
- Analyze current student-centered programs and products and make suggestions for improvement.
- Serve as a spokesperson for a student-centered program, product, or video project.
- Improve reach, recruitment, and branding of current scholarship or student development programs.
- Share personal story of being bi-racial as part of a Diversity keynote on the concepts of respect, celebration, identity, and understanding.
- Corporations can sponsor Isa to speak at corporate or student events on their behalf.
areas of expertise for community colleges
- Develop/enhance alumni programming strategy to increase branding, recruitment, and donor gifts.
- Improve recruitment strategy and branding to enhance student success and retention.
- Assist in development of strategic mentoring programs to improve students success and retention.
- Enhance orientation programs to motivate students to engage in college experience, take advantage of college resources, and complete their degree.
- Create training and development manuals and programs to enhance effectiveness and reach of student-led clubs and organizations to better align with college-wide goals.
- Develop incentive-based scholarship programs that award students who serve as ambassadors for the college to improve retention, degree completion, and student engagement.
- Use Community College Success in orientation or as a supplement to a student success course to improve student engagement and retention.
- Coach student ambassadors and others to share their story in front of community and donor groups that result in higher donations.
- Coach students in giving testimonials and sharing story in recruitment and/or donor videos.
- Group training and individualized coaching for college call center employees to enhance customer service.
- Enhance web and video strategy to increase student engagement.
- Serve as a spokesperson or host for recruitment or orientation videos. You can see an orientation supplement video Isa did for Hillsborough Community College here.
Areas of Expertise for 4-year Institutions
- Increase recruitment of community college, first generation, and other historically underrepresented groups in higher education.
- Improve retention and effectiveness of first-generation student programs.
- Improve retention and effectiveness of transfer student programs.
- Develop training programs to enhance professional skills for juniors and seniors about to enter professional world.
- Develop and publicize targeted community college or first generation scholarships.
- Develop strategies to increase college completion among at-risk groups through targeted incentive programs, internship programs, and coaching/mentoring initiatives.
Areas of Expertise for National student organizations
- Develop training programs using a hybrid of video and writing to enhance effectiveness of student chapters by developing their skills in the areas of recruitment, communication, goal setting, event planning, and leadership.
- Develop strategy to mobilize student network to aid in nationwide college completion initiative.
- Develop increased alumni and mentorship community to enhance organization donations and overall membership experience.
- Assist in writing or developing web and print publication strategy.
- Coach students in sharing testimonials for recruitment or donor videos.
- Serve as a spokesperson or host for recruitment or donor videos.
To receive a free proposal and quote or to schedule a free initial consultation call to help your organization reach its student-focused goals, e-mail Isa your thoughts, ideas, and/or goals at email@example.com.
References from previous and current clients are also available upon request.